You win some, you lose some.
Plants transplanted to Dad's new garden. Two very small roses. Two mature peonies.
He bought the roses last year. They didn't flourish, but were still alive in the spring. I moved both, one seems to have taken, the other, not so much. I left the mature roses behind, I was sure to kill them.
The peonies have been there for years. Everything I read says to not even bother moving them until fall. And when you do move them, they may not bloom again for years. I moved both anyway, because I don't have the option to wait until fall, and they were planted where the new owners are putting in a deck, so they'd be gone anyway.
Both are thriving, the one that had buds when I moved it is starting to bloom, and the second is covered with new buds. So far so good, I guess.
I added two new roses, an Alba "Felicite Parmentier", and a David Austen "Mary Rose". Both claim to tolerate some shade. And both are compact, so suitable for his fairly small garden. Which makes me sound as though I know what I am talking about, but I learned it all on the internet. They are bare root stock, which is a first for me, but I have high hopes. Right now, they are buried under a mound of triple mix.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home